Complaints Handling Procedure
In accordance with the guidelines of the Bank of Mauritius, we are pleased to inform you that La Prudence Leasing Finance Co Ltd has set up a Complaints Handling Procedure regarding services offered by the Company. Our Complaints Coordinator is Yannick Lai.
The Company undertakes to:
- Acknowledge in writing your complaint within three days from filing of Complaint; and
- Revert back to you in writing with the Company’s final decision on the matter within 90 days from the date on which Complaint has been filed with us. In the event that the Company has failed to revert back to you with a reply to your satisfaction within the above-mentioned 90 days, you may contact:
The Deputy Governor
Bank of Mauritius
Sir William Newton Street
How to file a Complaint?
You may file your complaint:
- by addressing the issue with any employee or official representative who shall provide you full assistance; or
- by sending directly an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com; or
- by calling directly our Complaints Coordinator or her assistant on 212 – 0690; or
- by sending a letter to our Complaints Coordinator at
Complaints CoordinatorLa Prudence Leasing Finance Co LtdUnited Docks Business ParkKwan Tee StreetCaudanPort Louis.
Please enclose all relevant and material evidence which may assist us to better consider the nature of your complaint
La Prudence Leasing Finance Co Ltd (‘LPLF’) protects and respects the privacy of its customers and this policy explains how LPLF handles personal information and complies with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2017 ("DPA").
LPLF is a controller under the Data Protection Act 2017 which means that it determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data and has decision making power with respect to the processing. LPLF has in place appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your data.
2. Collecting personal information relating to individuals
in their Application Forms both for Leases and Deposits, information collected for any service that LPLF provides or may provide any information transferred to LPLF by third parties under any other agreement. The Client shall give his freely given specific “consent” by signing the application form.
LPLF collects personal data of our employees, potential employees, clients, suppliers, business contacts, shareholders, consultants, other service providers and website users. The personal data that LPLF collects is as follows: names, addresses (whether permanent or contact), mobile or telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, job designations, salary, financial status and any other personal data in relation to the contracts signed between LPLF and the clients or any other applicable related parties.
The personal data that LPLF is likely to collect from its website whether you are a customer or a potential customer, is nothing more than the information that you wilfully provide during your customer account creation process, including for instance your full name, address and at least a valid email address. Except for certain information that is required by law, your decision to provide any personal data to us is voluntary. In case, the customer does not wish to pursue a relationship with LPLF, the personal data will be destroyed as per the Data Protection Act 2017 and the applicable laws and regulations.
3. Uses of personal information
Our main purposes for collecting personal information about individuals are::
- Providing services;
- Responding to requests;
- Maintaining client relationship;
- Notifying clients of our product offerings and developments;
- Reporting and management;
- Recruiting and employee management and
- Any purpose that would relate to our business
4. Processing of Data
Personal Information provided to LPLF or any other intermediary, is used for the purposes of lease and deposit processing (including credit analysis, processing, debtors handling, insurance amongst others) or to provide a service to the client. For client acceptance or assessing any request for lease or deposit made, LPLF may undertake checks against publicly available information such as court judgements/ orders, politically exposed persons database, United Nations Sanctions List, adverse media search etc.
LPLF ensures that the personal data collected are
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- collected for explicit, specified and legitimate purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date, with every reasonable step being taken to ensure that any inaccurate personal data are erased or rectified without delay;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; and ;
- processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects
5. Disclosure of Personal Information
LPLF may share Personal Information with its service providers, other Leasing Companies, and with any intermediary acting for us, and with recognised governing/regulatory bodies. LPLF may also participate in industry databases under the supervision of the Bank of Mauritius and the Financial Services Commission. LPLF may, in certain circumstances, use the services of Legal Advisors, loss assessors / loss adjusters, surveyors and Insurance Companies.
LPLF does not routinely disclose Personal Information to other entities unless it is required by Law or implicates any other legitimate reason.
6. Sensitive personal data
For the performance of any contract made with client, LPLF may need to collect sensitive personal data relating to the client (such as past convictions). By signing on the Data Protection Form, the client consent to such information being used, processed and disclosed.
7. Security of personal information
LPLF will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which it holds about the client, whether electronically or in hard-copy, and to keep this information accurate and up to date.
8. Retention of Personal Data
LPLF LPLF will not retain the client’s data for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is obtained as stipulated in the DPA and any other applicable laws and regulations.
9. Rights of Data Subjects
As a Data Subject, you have the following rights under the Data Protection Act 2017:
- Request access to personal data that LPLF process;
- Request for a rectification on the personal data in case the personal data is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Object to the processing of the personal data;
- Request erasure or restriction of data regarding the data subject;
LPLF has appointed a Data Protection Officer, whose identity and contact details can be found below:
Name: Brindha Tanee
Email Address: Brindha.firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact details: 260 1100
10. Privacy on our web sites
This policy also applies to any personal information LPLF collect via its website and it will be available on our website. By acceding our website,
11. Effect of policy
LPLF operates in a dynamic business environment. Over time, aspects of its business may change to respond to changing market conditions. This policy will be updated as and when required to reflect best practice in data management, security and control and to ensure compliance with any changes or amendments made to the Data Protection Act 2017.
Terms & conditions
By accessing this website, you agree to be bound by all of the following terms and conditions of use. You must not reproduce or store any part of this site in any other website or include it in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service, without our prior written permission. You must not use data from this site to provide a data feed to any comparison table or any website. Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
While we try to ensure that this site is normally available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if, for any reason, the site is unavailable for any period of time. Access to this site may be suspended temporarily or permanently and without notice.
We try to ensure that the information on this site is correct, but we do not give any express or implied warranty as to its accuracy. We do not accept any liability for error or omission. We are not liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort, statute or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material. The materials on this site do not constitute financial or other professional advice. You may consult your professional adviser if you require any financial advice.
This calculator is intended for use as a guide only and has no legal effect. The simulation and its resulting calculations do not constitute a lease application or an offer of finance. The figures and formulae used within this calculator may change at any time without notice. This calculation does not take into account any fees, charges or government taxes which may apply.
Requests for lease facilities are subject to approval of the Credit Committee.